A RAYMOND JAMES CLIENT’S BILL OF RIGHTS
- You have the right to courteous service – from your financial advisor and all other associates of our firm.
- You have the right to select and work with a trustworthy, independent financial advisor who is professionally
competent, personally dedicated, and who communicates with you on a regular basis about your portfolio.
You may request information about your advisor’s work history and background, and you may contact your
state or provincial securities agency for verification.
- You have the right to expect financial and investment recommendations based solely upon your unique
needs and goals, consistent with the objective of enhancing your financial well-being. While the performance
of investments may not meet your expectations and markets can underperform their historical averages,
recommendations should be based upon the goal of attaining superior performance in light of the facts
known at the time of investment.
- You have the right to open, consistent communication and to have information presented in clear and
- You have the right to reasonable, achievable projections of results, understanding that many unforeseen
factors can frustrate expectations and result in losses, particularly in the short term.
- You have the right to reasonable investment alternatives selected based on your individual objectives and
presented with full disclosure of risks and benefits. Your trade confirmations will reflect any time that you
initiate an investment decision without the benefit of or against the advice of your financial advisor, or if your
account is managed by a professional money manager.
- You have the right to know all costs and commissions associated with an investment, as well as fees our firm
charges for services. An exception applies for securities traded in a principal capacity, where commissions
and trading profits are included in the purchase price. For the latest listing of our fees and charges, visit
raymondjames.com/services_and_charges.htm or ask your financial advisor.
- You have the right to have transactions executed in a timely fashion, at the best available price and with
prompt reporting. Your statements should reflect all positions and activity in your account. With the exception
of infrequently traded securities, all positions should be priced as accurately as possible. Fixed income prices
are often estimated using general formulas.
- You have the right to have any errors corrected fully and any complaints addressed promptly. If a problem is
not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the manager of your local office and/or Raymond James’
- You have the right to limit certain of our sharing of your personal and financial information. We do not sell
your personal information to anyone. Raymond James only provides information to third parties when